We welcome any licensed amateur radio operator who believes in the Association's objectives and who will support the operation of the Association's systems and programs. We are a small group and highly collaborative. We invite you to come to our meetings and join in our other activities as our guest.
Applicants for membership in the WCOARA may choose to apply for either a Full or Associate membership. If you are uncertain as to which of these membership categories to choose, use the form below to contact our Membership Chair, who can further discuss the choice with you.
Full Membership is for members, who intend to participate in the operation of the association, and in its decision making processes. Full members are entitled to vote and hold elected Association offices. To permit an applicant and the Association’s members to become acquainted, before a vote on the applicant’s membership, the applicant is expected to attend at least three events, such as those listed below. Depending on the applicant’s situation, the Membership Committee can choose to adjust the qualifications for Full Membership.
- Association meetings. See the schedule on the Home page.
- KHN or ARES emergency preparedness drills.
- Declared disaster/emergency communications operations.
- Association communication system maintenance sessions.
- Association-sponsored public service events.
Associate Membership is intended for members, whose primary intent in joining the Association is to provide financial support for the WCOARA and its repeater systems. Associate members will receive the newsletter, and, to the extent that they want to, may participate in the Association’s meetings and activities, but they may not hold elected office or vote. The payment of dues is all that is required to be an Associate member. All members are initially considered to be Associate Members, until a vote accepting them into Full Members is held.
- Annual dues for Full Member are $15.00.
- Annual dues for Associate Member are $10.00.
- We are unable to process credit card or e-payments, so please send a check.
If you have questions please email any officer by call-sign @wcoara.info, as their email address. Better yet, attend a meeting!
We look forward to your participation in our important work!
Because a physical signature is required on the Membership Application, a filled out, and signed printed copy of the completed application must be mailed to the Membership Chair, together with a check, made out to the WCOARA, for the dues.
Options for acquiring a Membership Application:
- Print the application from this web site.
- Download and print the application from this web site.
- Use the form below to request the application from our Membership Chair.
Submitting a Membership Application:
Contacting the WCOARA Membership Chair, for any reason, using the contact form below will result in the Membership Chair providing his contact information, and the address for sending the Membership Application, in addition to anything else that might be requested in the Comments box.
Instructions for Using the Contact Form below:
- Only a Subject, your Name, Call Sign, and Email are REQUIRED fields. The other information is optional.
- If you have a question, select "Question" for the "Subject:", ask your question in the "Comments" field and fill in your 10-digit "Telephone" number.
- If you want a printed blank Application to complete, select "Send Application" for the "Subject:" field and fill in your street address, city, state, and zip-code.
- If your application and check are ready to go, select "Send Address" for the "Subject:" and you will receive an email with an address for mailing them.